Wednesday, 20 May 2026   |   Wednesday, 3 Dzulhijah 1447 H
Visiteurs en ligne : 1.333
aujourd hui : 25.654
Hier : 25.387
La semaine dernière, : 249.195
Le mois dernier : 15.288.374
Vous êtes le visiteur numéro 105.216.314
Sejak 01 Muharam 1428
( 20 Januari 2007 )
AGENDA
  • No data available

 

News

28 agustus 2010 03:01

America Helps Restore C Sulawesi Megalitic Remains

America Helps Restore C Sulawesi Megalitic Remains

Palu, Indonesia - The Central Sulawesi provincial administration has received a Rp600 million grant from the United States government for the preservation of the megalitic site in the region.

Head of the Central Sulawesi Cultural and Tourism Agency Suaib Djafar said in Palu Wednesday the American government assistance given by way of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) was meant for three programs, namely preservation, community training and site supervision.

Suaib Djafar had already met with Esty Dhurasanty of the US Consulate General in Surabaya earlier this month. USAID had also made an inspection of several locations of the sites in Poro regency.

Suaib said the USAID assistance was a response to a proposal of the Central Sulawesi administration to the US by way of its embassy in Jakarta.

Central Sulawesi has 1,451 statues of the megalitic sites in Napu Value, Bada Value and Besoa Value in Poso regency. The megalitic sites in Central Sulawesi were known to be the biggest and widest in Indonesia.

Megalitic statues are very rare objects in the world as they are found only in Napu, Besoa, Bada and Marquies Island in Latin America.

The three sites in Poso regency have many megalithicum remains, including statues, and in many other forms. (*)

Source: http://www.antaranews.com
Photo: http://archive.kaskus.us


Read : 3.433 time(s).

Write your comment !